Saturday, June 24, 2006

I'll be right back!

On Tuesday (the 27th) I fly back to Salinas to finish out my last two weeks at SVCC. One of the weeks is actually the Mission to Mexico trip with the high school students. I'm really looking forward to the trip. Mexico has been the highlight of my year for the past seven years in Salinas. I love watching the students bond and support each other and experience God in ways they never do at home.

I have to confess that I am experiencing a big range of emotion on going back. I am looking forward to the time with the kids, but I am feeling a great deal of anxiety and stress at the same time. I'm not exactly sure where it's coming from, but it's beginning to have an effect on me. My desire is to push past the anxiety and enjoy the time I have to bring closure to my time at SVCC. My prayer is that I am able to rest into a godly attitude that enables me to do that.

I've been working on our proposals on timing for starting CTK Durango and it is pretty fun. I honestly have no idea what this is all going to look like. Writing down a plan is like making a wish list for Santa Claus--I'm putting down all things I would love to see happen without the benefit of experience to tell me what will likely happen. Is this going to work? Are people going to want to be part of this community? Am I up to the task of leading in this endeavor? WE SHALL SEE!!! I guess I'll have to put that all aside for a couple weeks, but I'm anxious to hit it hard when I get back!

No comments: