Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Call Me Mr. Johnson


So, this year I've started working as a substitute teacher at the high school. I've enjoyed it so far. I didn't realize how much I missed being around students. So far, I haven't had any of the usual nightmares that people talk about. I think the "dude, we were so brutal to that sub" memories become embellished over time and we really weren't as bad as we thought we were.

Anyway, I like the job and it's fun to hang out with Jenn during the day when I'm there.

5 comments:

boutry said...

yo, is that the book i think it is?

Chip Johnson said...

Yeah, it's A Community Called Atonement--fascinating and oh-so-relevant to what we are up to right now!

NickW said...

I'm about to start subbing as well. VERY excited for it!

Anonymous said...

I subbed for 4 years. . . I did my time. Let me know if you need any help, Chipster. I miss your musk.

Anonymous said...

it's been two weeks- do we get another update on ....