Friday, June 20, 2008

All Forward!


This summer is turning out to be a little different than I had anticipated. The Hummer tour company I have been working for got sold out this year, so I won't be wheeling like I did last year. The good news is I got certified to guide river tours on the river that runs through town. This week I checked out and took my first clients through the rapids. It's been a fun process learning how to navigate the river and I've gotten to know some great people on the crew I work with. It is so amazing to be able to do things like this along with pastoring CTK. Yesterday, one of my fellow guides put it this way, "It's so cool that you're, like, a pastor, but you're a real person".

I'm realizing as well how much being in the water matters to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is truly the best, baddest, raddest picture to have appear at the top of a page and under the words "the great adventure of establishing a church community"- HOWEVER maybe you should incorporate the picture into your logo or page header instead of hoping to leave it there the rest of your blog life because it's such a best, bad and rad picture.