Monday, May 19, 2008

End of an Era


Yesterday we said goodbye to Steve. Steve Boutry has been my partner and friend in the CTK Durango journey. We will still be discovering the impact he has had on this ministry for years to come. I will certainly miss our conversations and "what if" talks over the campfire in my back yard. I will also miss his contribution to the teaching in our services and his companionship in leading the Farmington crew. Most of all, Steve has been my friend these past two years. Having said goodbye to so many of my friends in moving here, it is even more difficult to see Steve go. I felt like we were able to honor him yesterday as a community and we are certainly glad for his marriage to Amy. I'm also pretty excited to see what Boston has in store for Steve and Amy. In moving to Boston, Steve is pretty much living out the pattern God has developed in dealing with us in Durango: the "you won't have any idea what it will look like, but I am sending you to ____________" pattern.

Steve, never ask for a picture of the future. Instead, continue to learn how to recognize when you are exactly where God wants you, and may you always be able to say, "this is the best day of my life".

3 comments:

Jon and Jan Huckins said...

having been your partner in the past, i'm sure steve will miss your partnership just as much as you will miss his...

NickW said...

Man I still remember when you two started talking about this, and how we all sat in your backyard with the Cadre hearing you two share your vision.

boutry said...

thanks chip!